Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yuri Budilov
Subject Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?
Date
Re: pgadmin3 installation on Oracle Linux 6.6 64-bit ?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
thanks Tim,

I ran yum whatprovides and received "no matches found".

I believe that pgadmin3 uses wxWidgets (according to the web site) but I can not find them in installable rpm format for Red Hat/Oracle Linux 6.x on their web site.

the gtk libraries are already installed on my Linux, as is postgres 9.4. The errors from pgadmin3 installation appear to be specific to libwx_gtk* libraries, which are probably part of wxWidgets.org.

I find this hard to believe that to just install and use pgadmin3 (as a DBA, not as a C++ programmer!) on Red Hat/Oracle Linux I must be building complete C++ application from sources using all sorts of disparate libraries.
wxWidgets, I am sure, will have a bunch of other prerequisites, its like a dog chasing its tail.
I just want to install and use pgadmin3 on one of the most common Linux platforms, RHEL.
I expected smooth sailing, the PostgreSQL 9.4 was certainly easy to install and get going on RHEL/OL.
Alas, not pgadmin4.

What have I missed? Is there a step by step document describing how to do this (i failed to find it)?
Is the prerequisite for pdagmin3 *installation* requires mastery of all of: Linux, C++ and wsWidgets?

Is pgadmin3 not a widely used tool by PostgeSQL DBA community which is why there is such lack of good documentation on how to install it?

Thank you for reading thus far.
Yuri Budilov