Re: ODBC Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff
Subject Re: ODBC Support
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 15, 2004, at 7:49 AM, Paul Simpson wrote:

> Anyway, in a section on ODBC (page 439 if you have the book) it says
> that for ODBC support, you need to compile with the option
> --with-odbcinst. It then says you need to import a file called
> "odbc.sql" into template1. Given some odd problems I have been having
> with using ODBC, I wondered if this is my problem.

What you want is the psqlodbc driver available from
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php

Note: If you are using it on unix it is not threadsafe! (But it is
threadsafe on win)

Also, the only thing odbc.sql does is add common odbc functions.  It is
not needed for you to use odbc.

good luck.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>