Re: ODBC Support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: ODBC Support
Date
List pgsql-general
"Paul Simpson" <Paul.Simpson@spgs.org> writes:
> I am running SlackWare 9.1 with PostgreSQL 7.4.1. I purchased a book by Ewa=
> ld Geschwinde and Hans-Jurgen Schonig called "PostgreSQL Developers handboo=
> k" (published by SAMS).
> =20
> Anyway, in a section on ODBC (page 439 if you have the book) it says that f=
> or ODBC support, you need to compile with the option --with-odbcinst.

ODBC support isn't part of the main Postgres project anymore --- you
need the separate postgresql-odbc package, as well as unixODBC (but
you've always needed the latter).  If you don't find these packages
in your distribution, you can get source from the odbc project at
gborg.postgresql.org.

            regards, tom lane