Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one  ("agharta82@gmail.com" <agharta82@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one  ("agharta82@gmail.com" <agharta82@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> On 15 Feb 2023, at 15:03, agharta82@gmail.com wrote:

> Meanwhile, to solve the case:
>
>     • in Linux is quite simple  (but insecure), enable legacy ciphers.

Enabling the legacy ciphers provider isn't insecure per se, the use of said
ciphers might be insecure but having the code loaded isn't.

>     • in Windows....uh....i've not found how to solve it because (if i am not wrong) PG  15  is built with openssl 3
internallyand i don't known how to enable legacy mode in it.

I don't know Windows very well, but there should be an OPENSSLDIR set and in
there one can change the openssl conf file just like on Linux AFAIK.  It should
be reasonably similar to on Linux.

--
Daniel Gustafsson