Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From agharta82@gmail.com
Subject Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17796: pgcrypto undecryptable blowfish data previous stored with openssl 1.1.1 with builtin decrypter one  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
List pgsql-bugs
Il 15/02/23 15:09, Daniel Gustafsson ha scritto:

>> On 15 Feb 2023, at 15:03, agharta82@gmail.com wrote:
>> Meanwhile, to solve the case:
>>
>>     • in Linux is quite simple  (but insecure), enable legacy ciphers.
> Enabling the legacy ciphers provider isn't insecure per se, the use of said
> ciphers might be insecure but having the code loaded isn't.

True, and wise.

>>     • in Windows....uh....i've not found how to solve it because (if i am not wrong) PG  15  is built with openssl 3
internallyand i don't known how to enable legacy mode in it.

> I don't know Windows very well, but there should be an OPENSSLDIR set and in
> there one can change the openssl conf file just like on Linux AFAIK.  It should
> be reasonably similar to on Linux.

Ok, I take a look.

Thanks,

Agharta