Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alexander Korotkov
Subject Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan
Date
Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: GIN improvements part2: fast scan  (Rod Taylor <rbt@simple-knowledge.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
On 28.06.2013 22:31, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
Now, I got the point of three state consistent: we can keep only one
consistent in opclasses that support new interface. exact true and exact
false values will be passed in the case of current patch consistent; exact
false and unknown will be passed in the case of current patch
preConsistent. That's reasonable.

I'm going to mark this as "returned with feedback". For the next version, I'd like to see the API changed per above. Also, I'd like us to do something about the tidbitmap overhead, as a separate patch before this, so that we can assess the actual benefit of this patch. And a new test case that demonstrates the I/O benefits.

Revised version of patch is attached.
Changes are so:
1) Patch rebased against packed posting lists, not depends on additional information now.
2) New API with tri-state logic is introduced.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.
Attachment