Re: a comment in joinrel.c: compute_partition_bounds() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: a comment in joinrel.c: compute_partition_bounds()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 4:20 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 3:34 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think there's a word missing in the following comment:
> >
> >         /*
> >          * See if the partition bounds for inputs are exactly the same, in
> >          * which case we don't need to work hard: the join rel have the same
> >          * partition bounds as inputs, and the partitions with the same
> >          * cardinal positions form the pairs.
> >
> > ": the join rel have the same..." seems to be missing a "will".
> >
> > Attached a patch to fix.
>
> Good catch!  Will fix.

Rereading the comment, I think it would be better to add “will” to the
second part “the partitions with the same cardinal positions form the
pairs” as well.  Updated patch attached.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment