Dump/restore indexes and functions in public schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From marian krucina
Subject Dump/restore indexes and functions in public schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

pg_upgrade failed on own server, because we used functions from public
schema in index. We install common functions (e.g. postgresql contrib)
to public schema. Tables and indexes are in another schema, and names
of functions without a schema name.
Can I do pg_upgrade (or pg_restore) with the indexes?
What is the best practice?

In documentation is: Users can then refer to these additional objects
by qualifying the names with a schema name, or they can put the
additional schemas into their search path, as they choose.

thank you
marian