Re: Dump/restore indexes and functions in public schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Dump/restore indexes and functions in public schema
Date
List pgsql-general
marian krucina <marian.krucina@gmail.com> writes:
> pg_upgrade failed on own server, because we used functions from public
> schema in index. We install common functions (e.g. postgresql contrib)
> to public schema. Tables and indexes are in another schema, and names
> of functions without a schema name.

Are you sure that has anything to do with schemas, or is it that you
forgot to install the (updated versions of the) same contrib modules
into the new installation?

If not that, please provide a complete description of what you've got
in your old database and the errors you got trying to upgrade.  Also,
exactly what old and new PG versions are you working with?

            regards, tom lane