Re: How do i know if a vacuum is running? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: How do i know if a vacuum is running?
Date
List pgsql-general

Run a query against the “pg_stat_activity” system view (you will need to be a super-user to view system queries, normal users can only view their own).

To get you started this is the query that I use to spot-check system query activity:

SELECT procpid, current_query, client_addr, xact_start, query_start

                FROM pg_stat_activity

                ORDER BY xact_start ASC;

HTH,

David J.