Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeevan Ladhe
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Jeevan Ladhe
> <jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I have fixed the crash in attached patch.
>> Also the patch needed bit of adjustments due to recent commit.
>> I have re-based the patch on latest commit.
>
> +    bool        has_default;        /* Is there a default partition?
> Currently false
> +                                 * for a range partitioned table */
> +    int            default_index;        /* Index of the default list
> partition. -1 for
> +                                 * range partitioned tables */

We have has_null and null_index for list partitioning. There
null_index == -1 = has_null. May be Rahila and/or Jeevan just copied
that style. Probably we should change that as well?

I agree with Ashutosh.
I had given similar comment on earlier version of patch[1], and  Rahila reverted
with above reasoning, hence did not change the logic she introduced.

Probably its a good idea to have a separate patch that removes has_null logic,
in a separate thread.

Regards,
Jeevan Ladhe.