Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Adding support for Default partition in partitioning  (Jeevan Ladhe <jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Jeevan Ladhe
> <jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> I have fixed the crash in attached patch.
>> Also the patch needed bit of adjustments due to recent commit.
>> I have re-based the patch on latest commit.
>
> +    bool        has_default;        /* Is there a default partition?
> Currently false
> +                                 * for a range partitioned table */
> +    int            default_index;        /* Index of the default list
> partition. -1 for
> +                                 * range partitioned tables */

We have has_null and null_index for list partitioning. There
null_index == -1 = has_null. May be Rahila and/or Jeevan just copied
that style. Probably we should change that as well?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat