Re: Unable to trigger createdb - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jack Plasterer
Subject Re: Unable to trigger createdb
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks for all the feedback.
I think I have it figured out from here, but it's still good knowing the different ways to go about solving this issue.

Jack

On Mon, Feb 3, 2020 at 7:03 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2020, at 22:33, Jack Plasterer <jman@plastererfamily.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have PostgreSQL installed on my computer and tried creating a database in the command prompt using the createdb method, but was presented with this error message:
> <image.png>
> Nor was I able to delete said database:
> <image.png>
> Why is it that I have psql installed, and yet seem not to be able to use the various functions; is it a folder/extensions issue, or is there something else at play that I am not aware of?

Not knowing Windows at all, it seems that this could be quite installation
specific, so more information on that could potentially help diagnose this.
How did you install postgres (which installer, which version)?

cheers ./daniel