Re: pg_buffercache: add sql test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: pg_buffercache: add sql test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 31, 2022 at 3:39 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> * A .gitignore file is needed so that "git status" won't whine after
> running the test.  This tends to be pretty much boilerplate; I copied
> it from another contrib directory.

Is there any reason we don't add a .gitignore in the contrib/
directory to ignore all */log/, */results/ and */tmp_check/  by
default rather having at least /log/, /results/ and /tmp_check/ in
almost all subdirectories .gitignore?  Sure any underlying
"(log|results|tmp_check)" top-directory will then be ignored even if
it's not supposed to be needed, but I don't think it would matter in
practice.  And if it does matter you could still force some file to be
included or even override the parent gitignore.