Re: Speedup twophase transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: Speedup twophase transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11 January 2016 at 19:07, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2016-01-11 20:03:18 +0100, Andres Freund wrote:
> More generally, I'm doubtful that the approach of reading data from WAL
> as proposed here is a very good idea. It seems better to "just" dump the
> entire 2pc state into *one* file at checkpoint time.

Or better: After determining the checkpoint redo location, insert a WAL
record representing the entire 2PC state as of that moment. That way it
can easily restored during WAL replay and nothing special has to be done
on a standby. This way we'll need no extra wal flushes and fsyncs.

Feel free to submit a patch that does that.