Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13 March 2018 at 05:34, Christos Maris <christos.c.maris@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Aleksander,

I am mostly interested in anything that requires C/C++ implementation and AlgoDS.

For that reason I would love to work in any of the following (in that order of preference):
  1. Sorting algorithms benchmark and implementation
  2. Enhancing amcheck for all AMs
  3. TOAST'ing in slices
  4. Thrift datatype support

Having recently worked with Thrift, I recommend ... don't use Thrift. The library is awkward to work with, it isn't very source-compatible across versions.

Consider protobuf instead.