Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 13 March 2018 at 05:34, Christos Maris <christos.c.maris@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Aleksander,

I am mostly interested in anything that requires C/C++ implementation and AlgoDS.

For that reason I would love to work in any of the following (in that order of preference):
  1. Sorting algorithms benchmark and implementation
  2. Enhancing amcheck for all AMs
  3. TOAST'ing in slices
  4. Thrift datatype support
I can work on any of the previous stated ones, so I am waiting on your feedback/insights on which one to choose.

I don't suppose I can interest you in wire-protocol compression support instead? Probably not if you're more interested in an algorithms and data science angle. But I can hope ;)