Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christos Maris
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant
Date
Re: Google Summer of Code: Potential Applicant  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hey Aleksander,

I am mostly interested in anything that requires C/C++ implementation and AlgoDS.

For that reason I would love to work in any of the following (in that order of preference):
  1. Sorting algorithms benchmark and implementation
  2. Enhancing amcheck for all AMs
  3. TOAST'ing in slices
  4. Thrift datatype support
I can work on any of the previous stated ones, so I am waiting on your feedback/insights on which one to choose.

Thanks a lot in advance.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 3:58 PM, Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Hello Chris,

> I am sending this mail because I am in a need for some instructions on how
> to find a mentor and a project to work on.
>
> Can anyone help me with that? Also is there any potential mentor here?

Take a look on the list of our GSoC projects:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2018

Which one you are most interested in?

--
Best regards,