Re: Complicated re-distribution of pgjdbc the "open source way" - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Complicated re-distribution of pgjdbc the "open source way"
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On 10 March 2016 at 14:14, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi Craig and Dave,

On Thursday 10 of March 2016 12:19:33 Craig Ringer wrote:
> So ... any interest in doing this via Maven profiles?
>
> Dave and I agree that that's the way forward as far as PgJDBC goes. It'd
> let you avoid patching PgJDBC sources in the rpm spec and having to
> maintain that spec patch, while still building without needing things not
> packed in Fedora.
>
> Thoughts, comments?

thanks for all your good comments!  This is definitely the preferred way
to go, Allow me some time to process this, I'll update this thread as soon
as possible.

Cool.

It might be a good idea to speak to maintainers of some of the Maven-based Fedora packages, as they'll probably be able to offer some hints/guidance on the details when it comes to creating profiles, conditionally compiling files, etc.

I haven't verified that you can use maven profiles to avoid the OSGi stuff, but it'll certainly do the job for Waffle-JNA and the couple of isolated files in PgJDBC that use it.