Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: Batch/pipelining support for libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8 March 2017 at 00:52, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
>         Vaishnavi Prabakaran wrote:
>
>> Yes, I have created a new patch entry into the commitfest 2017-03 and
>> attached the latest patch with this e-mail.
>
> Please find attached a companion patch implementing the batch API in
> pgbench, exposed as \beginbatch and \endbatch meta-commands
> (without documentation).
>
> The idea for now is to make it easier to exercise the API and test
> how batching performs. I guess I'll submit the patch separately in
> a future CF, depending on when/if the libpq patch goes in.

That's great, thanks, and thanks also for the fixes. Any chance you
can attach your updated patch?

I looked at modifying psql to support batching when run
non-interactively, but it would've required major restructuring of its
control loop and I ran out of time. I didn't think of modifying
pgbench. Great to see.