Re: [HACKERS] Patch to improve performance of replay of AccessExclusiveLock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Patch to improve performance of replay of AccessExclusiveLock
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8 March 2017 at 01:13, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Don't understand this. I'm talking about setting a flag on
> commit/abort WAL records, like the attached.

There's nothing setting a flag in the attached. I only see the
checking of the flag.

> We just need to track info so we can set the flag at EOXact and we're done.

Do you have an idea where to store that information? I'd assume we'd
want to store something during LogAccessExclusiveLocks() and check
that in XactLogCommitRecord() and XactLogAbortRecord(). I don't see
anything existing which might help with that today. Do you think I
should introduce some new global variable for that? Or do you propose
calling GetRunningTransactionLocks() again while generating the
Commit/Abort record?

-- David Rowley                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services