Re: rm_desc signature - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: rm_desc signature
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Friday, June 13, 2014, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
As part of the WAL-format changing patch I've been working on, I changed the signature of the rm_desc function from:

void (*rm_desc) (StringInfo buf, uint8 xl_info, char *rec);
void (*rm_desc) (StringInfo buf, XLogRecord *record);

The WAL-format patch needed that because it added more functions/macros for working with XLogRecords, also used by rm_desc routines, but it seems like a sensible change anyway. IMHO it was always a bit strange that rm_desc was passed the info field and record payload separately.

So I propose to do that change as a separate commit. Per attached. This has no functional changes, it's just refactoring.

Any objections?

This commit, or a related one, changed the default (i.e. commented out) nature of:

#define WAL_DEBUG

Cheers,

Jeff