Re: Question about savepoint level? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: Question about savepoint level?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 3:00 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 24 Oct 2022 at 12:19, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The TransactionStateData has savepointLevel field, however, I do not understand
> what is savepoint level, it seems all savepoints have the same savepointLevel,
> I want to know how the savepoint level changes.

I try to remove the savepointLevel, and it seems harmless.  Any thoughts?

ISTM the savepointLevel always remains the same as what is in
TopTransactionStateData after looking at the codes. Now I also get
confused. Maybe what we want is nestingLevel?

Thanks
Richard