Re: fixing typo in comment for restriction_is_or_clause - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: fixing typo in comment for restriction_is_or_clause
Date
Re: fixing typo in comment for restriction_is_or_clause  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: fixing typo in comment for restriction_is_or_clause  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 10:05 AM John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022 at 12:19 AM Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> When I was looking at src/backend/optimizer/util/restrictinfo.c, I found a typo in one of the comments.

Using "t" as an abbreviation for "true" was probably intentional, so not a typo. There is no doubt what the behavior is.

> I also took the chance to simplify the code a little bit.

It's perfectly clear and simple now, even if it doesn't win at "code golf".

Agree with your point.  Do you think we can further make the one-line
function a macro or an inline function in the .h file?  I think this
function is called quite frequently during planning, so maybe doing that
would bring a little bit of efficiency.

Thanks
Richard