How to define fixed validation tables - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From David A. Cobb
Subject How to define fixed validation tables
Date
List pgsql-novice
My planned database has a field with a rather small list of valid codes.
I want to include validation in processing inputs, probably with a CHECK
rolecode IN ...something....
The validation table is not intended to be alterable by the user.
As a table it is as simple as (code: CHAR(2), meaning TEXT);
The values should be fixed as part of the definition process.

Please, How-To?
--
David A Cobb, computing dinosaur (Cobol-o-saurus Rex)