How to define fixed validation tables

From
"David A. Cobb"
Date:
My planned database has a field with a rather small list of valid codes.
I want to include validation in processing inputs, probably with a CHECK
rolecode IN ...something....
The validation table is not intended to be alterable by the user.
As a table it is as simple as (code: CHAR(2), meaning TEXT);
The values should be fixed as part of the definition process.

Please, How-To?
--
David A Cobb, computing dinosaur (Cobol-o-saurus Rex)
--

Re: How to define fixed validation tables

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date: