Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Less than ideal error reporting in pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> So if I have multiple queries like
>
> SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE baz IN (a, b)
> SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE baz IN (a, b, c)
>
> they are not normalized down to the same?  That seems odd.

Yes, although in practice it's usually down to a variable number of
constants appearing within the "IN ( )", which is more odd IMV.

We discussed changing this before. I don't have strong feelings either way.

--
Peter Geoghegan