Re: Test code is worth the space - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Geoghegan
Subject Re: Test code is worth the space
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> The value of a core regression suite that takes less time to run has
>> to be weighed against the possibility that a better core regression
>> suite might cause us to find more bugs before committing.  That could
>> easily be worth the price in runtime.
>

> Or have a quickcheck you run "all the time" and then run the bigger one once
> before committing perhaps?

I favor splitting the regression tests to add "all the time" and
"before commit" targets as you describe. I think that once the
facility is there, we can determine over time how expansive that
second category gets to be.

--
Peter Geoghegan