Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> FWIW, Greg Stark did a talk at PG Open about PG performance going back to at
> least 7.4. He did discuss what he had to do to get those versions to compile
> on modern tools, and has a set of patches that enable it. Unfortunately his
> slides aren't posted[1] so I can't provide further details than that.

The code is here:

https://github.com/gsstark/retropg

The build script is called "makeall" and it applies patches from the
"old-postgres-fixes" directory though some of the smarts are in the
script because it knows about how to run older version of the
configure script and it tries to fix up the ecpg parser duplcate
tokens separately. It saves a diff after applying the patches and
other fixups into the "net-diffs" directory but I've never checked if
those diffs would work cleanly on their own.

--
greg