Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:

> The code is here:
>
> https://github.com/gsstark/retropg
>
> The build script is called "makeall" and it applies patches from the
> "old-postgres-fixes" directory though some of the smarts are in the
> script because it knows about how to run older version of the
> configure script and it tries to fix up the ecpg parser duplcate
> tokens separately. It saves a diff after applying the patches and
> other fixups into the "net-diffs" directory but I've never checked if
> those diffs would work cleanly on their own.

Fwiw I was considering proposing committing some patches for these old
releases to make them easier to build. I would suggest creating a tag
for a for this stable legacy version and limiting the commits to just:

1) Disabling warnings
2) Fixing bugs in the configure scripts that occur on more recent
systems (version number parsing etc)
3) Backporting things like the variable-length array code that prevents building
4) Adding compiler options like -fwrapv

--
greg