Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: pg_dump getBlobs query broken for 7.3 servers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/7/16 12:48 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Branches before about 7.3 or 7.4 don't build cleanly on modern tools.
> In fact, they don't even build cleanly on my old HPUX 10.20 box ...
> I just tried, and they have problems with the bison and flex I have
> installed there now.  As a data point, that bison executable bears
> a file date of Jan 31 2003.  Andres reported something similar in
> the year-or-two-ago thread that was mentioned earlier.

FWIW, Greg Stark did a talk at PG Open about PG performance going back
to at least 7.4. He did discuss what he had to do to get those versions
to compile on modern tools, and has a set of patches that enable it.
Unfortunately his slides aren't posted[1] so I can't provide further
details than that.

1: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Postgres_Open_2016
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461