Re: Question about pg_upgrade from 9.2 to X.X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Perumal Raj
Subject Re: Question about pg_upgrade from 9.2 to X.X
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Sergei/Justin for the continues update.

So reorg Schema might be created as part of some scripts prior to 9.2 Version ?
These are the functions in DB not the Extension. However these functions will not run as the associated libraries are not exists in System now (9.2) and I hope no impact to system.

AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_disable_autovacuum';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_get_index_keys';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_apply';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_drop';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_indexdef';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_swap';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_trigger';
AS '$libdir/pg_reorg', 'reorg_version';

Will continue 9.6 upgrade after dropping reorg schema.

One Question need your address,

Prior to 9.2 to 9.6 upgrade , I have tried 9.2 10.7 upgrade and failed similar error(you can refer beginning o the post ).

> could not load library "$libdir/hstore": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/hstore": No such file or directory
> could not load library "$libdir/adminpack": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/adminpack": No such file or directory
> could not load library "$libdir/uuid-ossp": ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/uuid-ossp": No such file or directory

These Extension seems to be standard. What is the use of these function and do we have any alternative in Higher version or Enhanced object if i drop it in 9.2 and continue upgrade to 10.7 Version.

Thanks and Regards,

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 11:42 PM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
Hi

seems this is unpackaged extension, usually installed prior 9.1 release. Maybe reorg even does not support "create extension" syntax. That was long ago and project homepage is unavailable now. pg_repack documentation mention "support for PostgreSQL 9.2 and EXTENSION packaging" as improvements.

> Are these functions seeded ( default) one ?

No its not default.

regards, Sergei