Re: Performance comparison between Pgsql 10.5 and Pgsql 11.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicola Contu
Subject Re: Performance comparison between Pgsql 10.5 and Pgsql 11.2
Date
List pgsql-general
Not sure what you are requesting exactly but here is the strace for the start of the pg_ctl

Il giorno lun 4 mar 2019 alle ore 21:55 Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> ha scritto:
On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 5:01 AM Nicola Contu <nicola.contu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached a part of the strace running the pgbench command for pg11
> Also attached strace_10 for pg10.6.

That looks like strace output from pgbench, and I don't see any
interesting differences between v10 and v11 (though I'm surprised to
see it using poll() instead of ppoll(), and opening a new connection
for every transaction).

How about syscalls on the server side?  You could start it with
something like "strace -f path/to/postgres -D path/to/pgdata" (-f for
follow children), and perhaps also use -c so that it shows aggregated
data (up until you ^C it) instead of every syscall?

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com