Re: Question about pg_upgrade from 9.2 to X.X - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Perumal Raj
Subject Re: Question about pg_upgrade from 9.2 to X.X
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Justin

Does it mean that these functions are default and came with 9.2 ?
I am wondering how these functions are created in the DB as the library($libdir/pg_reorg)  is not exists in system

Note:
My schema name is reorg not pg_reorg

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 1:45 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 01:37:30PM -0800, Perumal Raj wrote:
> I could see bunch of functions under reorg schema.

Those functions are the ones preventing you from upgrading.
You should drop schema pg_reorg cascade.
You can run it in a transaction first to see what it will drop.
But after the upgrade, you can CREATE EXTENSION pg_repack, which is a fork of
pg_reorg, which is itself no longer maintained.

Justin