Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched
Date
Re: Result Cache node shows per-worker info even for workers not launched  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 1:54 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I plan to push this in the next 24 hours or so.

I happen to see explain_resultcache in resultcache.sql, seems like two
of the tests still have numbers for cache hits and misses - Hits: 980
Misses: 20, won't these make tests unstable? Will these numbers be
same across machines? Or is it that no buildfarm had caught these? The
comment below says that, the hits and misses are not same across
machines:
-- Ensure we get some evictions.  We're unable to validate the hits and misses
-- here as the number of entries that fit in the cache at once will vary
-- between different machines.

Should we remove the hide_hitmiss parameter in explain_resultcache and
always print N for non-zero and Zero for 0 hits and misses? This
clearly shows that we have 0 or non-zero hits or misses.

Am I missing something?

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.