Re: "Multiple table synchronizations are processed serially" still happens - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: "Multiple table synchronizations are processed serially" still happens
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Le mer. 28 avr. 2021 à 11:12, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> a écrit :
Hi,

One of my customers has an issue with logical replication. As $SUBJECT says, multiple table synchronization happens serially. To be honest, it doesn't do this every time. It happens when the tables are big enough.

This thread was closed by a commit (https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=6c2003f8a1bbc7c192a2e83ec51581c018aa162f) which apparently fixed the issue for the OP.

Attached is a small test case where it still happens for me on 12.6, 11.11, and 10.16. I can't make it happen on 13.2. I don't know why. It may imply bigger tables for 13.2, but why? I simply don't know.

Actually, it also happens on 13.2.

--
Guillaume.