Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Takayuki-san:
My first name is Zhihong.

You can call me Ted if you want to save some typing :-)

Cheers

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 5:37 PM tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com <tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com> wrote:

From: Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com>

> Do we need to consider how this part of code inside ExecInitModifyTable() would evolve ?

> I think placing the compound condition toward the end of ExecInitModifyTable() is reasonable because it checks the latest information.

+1 for Zaihong-san's idea.  But instead of rewriting every relsultRelInfo to mtstate->resultRelInfo, which makes it a bit harder to read, I'd like to suggest just adding "resultRelInfo = mtstate->resultRelInfo;" immediately before the if block.

Thanks a lot, all for helping to solve the problem quickly!

Regards

Takayuki Tsunakawa