Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Surafel Temesgen
Subject Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Rebased and conflict resolved i hope it build clean this time

It does but you haven't included your tests file so `make check` fails.

what tests file? i add system_versioned_table.sql and system_versioned_table.out
test files and it tested and pass on appveyor[1] only failed on travis
because of warning. i will add more test

It seems clear to me that you haven't tested it at all anyway.  The
temporal conditions do not return the correct results, and the syntax is
wrong, too.  Also, none of my previous comments have been addressed
except for "system versioning" instead of "system_versioning".  Why?

I also correct typo and add row end column time to unique
key that make it unique for current dataAs you mentioned
other comment is concerning about application-time periods
which the patch not addressing . i refer sql 2011 standard for
syntax can you tell me which syntax you find it wrong?

regards
Surafel