Re: Pgarchives message thread page design - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Sahil Harpal
Subject Re: Pgarchives message thread page design
Date
List pgsql-www
I have made a few changes in the layout and also added a copy to clipboard feature for message id as suggested in the -www discussion.
I used navigator.clipboard.writeText(copyText.innerHTML); for copying purposes.
This method works well in the development server but not in the production. I don't know the exact reason but I think it may be because it requires a secure origin and the test server is running on the http, but I'm not sure.. Could anyone please help me with this and also verify whether using the above method would support the all stable version of browsers or not.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2022 at 19:48, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 8 Aug 2022, at 11:05, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> The other is usability of the message-id: I think it would be very
>> useful to have a button next to the message-id field, such that it
>> copies the message-ID to the system clipboard, without url-escaping (@
>> -> %40 and so on), so that it can be used for local message-id
>> searching; also without the rest of the archive URL.

> +1, that would be very helpful.

+1, I'd use that all the time (mainly for copying message-IDs into
commit messages).

                        regards, tom lane