Re: BUG #17193: Issue with pg_output login - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gerdan Rezende dos Santos
Subject Re: BUG #17193: Issue with pg_output login
Date
List pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 5:47 PM Euler Taveira <euler@eulerto.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 16, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Sushant Kamboj wrote:
As we have verified in our environment ,your above statement looks like a contradiction since this is working fine when we are using wal2json plugin instead of pgoutput .
The main difference is: wal2json uses text output and pgoutput uses binary
output. I'm not sure if it matters for Debezium.

Since pgoutput is a native plugin, kindly let us know any settings or parameter change that we can do to fix this on postgresql or debezium side.
FYI:We are using postgresql 12.5 RDS
You don't provide enough information for an investigation. You can start with a
reproducible test case.

--
Euler Taveira

 At Debezium documentation at [Debezium connector for PostgreSQL :: Debezium Documentation], we can see:

Debezium currently supports databases with UTF-8 character encoding only. With a single byte character encoding, it is not possible to correctly process strings that contain extended ASCII code characters.

I believe this is not PostgreSQL BUG, but a Debezium Limitation.