Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 31 March 2018 at 01:18, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that there are no outfuncs or readfuncs for all the new
> Step types you've added.
>
> Also, the copy func does not properly copy the step_id in the base
> node type. This will remain at 0 after a copyObject()

I've attached a quickly put together fix for this. I'm not quite sure
what the done thing is to copy/read/write nodes which inherit fields
from other nodes, so what I've done in the attached might not be
correct. However, I see _copyValue() does what I've done, so perhaps
its fine, or that may just be more of a special case.

I also manually removed some hunks from the diff, so hopefully, it
still works correctly.

Attaching it as it may save you some time from doing it yourself.
Please check it though.

Attachment