Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 14 March 2018 at 06:54, Jesper Pedersen <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
>     * "Add more expression types..." -- Are you planning to add more of
> these ? Otherwise change the comment

Run-time pruning will deal with Param types here. The comment there
might be just to remind us all that the function must remain generic
enough so we can support more node types later. I don't particularly
need the comment for that patch, and I'm not quite sure if I should be
removing it in that patch. My imagination is not stretching far enough
today to think what we could use beyond Const and Param.

I don't feel strongly about the comment either way. This is just to
let you know that there are more up and coming things to do in that
spot.