Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jesper Pedersen
Subject Re: [HACKERS] path toward faster partition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Amit,

On 03/13/2018 07:37 AM, Amit Langote wrote:
> I will continue working on improving the comments / cleaning things up and
> post a revised version soon, but until then please look at the attached.

Passes check-world.

Some minor comments:

0001: Ok

0002: Ok

0003:
* Trailing white space
* pruning.c
   - partkey_datum_from_expr
     * "Add more expression types..." -- Are you planning to add more of
these ? Otherwise change the comment
   - get_partitions_for_null_keys
     * Documentation for method
     * 'break;' missing for _HASH and default case
   - get_partitions_for_keys
     * 'break;'s are outside of the 'case' blocks
     * The 'switch(opstrategy)'s could use some {} blocks
       * 'break;' missing from default
   - perform_pruning_combine_step
     * Documentation for method
* nodeFuncs.c