Re:Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hongyuan Ma
Subject Re:Re: Re: [GSOC 18] Performance Farm Project——Initialization Project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Dave,
I am willing to use React to re-create the front-end application. Since I plan to use separate front-end and back-end development methods, this means that there will be no html files in Django applications. Front-end and back-end applications will interact via restful api. I will use react to rewrite some existing html files if needed. Before initializing the react application, I want to learn more about your tendency toward front-end technology.

- About React: Which version of React (15.x or 16) and react-router (2.x or 4) do you tend to use?

- About Package Manager: Do you tend to use yarn or npm?

- About the UI library: I guess you might prefer Bootstrap or Material-UI.

At the same time I hope you can help me understand the functional requirements of this project more clearly. Here are some of my thoughts on PerfFarm:

- I see this comment in the client folder (In line 15 of the "pgperffarm \ client \ benchmarks \ pgbench.py" file):
'''
# TODO allow running custom scripts, not just the default
'''
Will PerfFarm have many test items so that the test item search function or even the test item sort function is expected to be provided?

- What value will be used to determine if a machine's performance is improving or declining?

- After the user logs in to the site, I think it may be necessary to provide a page for the user to browse or manage his own machine. Is there any function that requires users to log in before they can use it?

- When I registered a machine on BuildFarm, I did not receive the confirmation email immediately but several days later. In PerfFarm, when a user registers a machine, will the administrator review it before sending a confirmation email?

- I see BuildFarm assigning an animal name to each registered machine. Will PerfFarm also have this interesting feature?

My postgresql.org community account is:

- Username: maleicacid

- Email: cs_maleicacid@163.com

I hope to get the commit permission of the
pgperffarm.git repository. I am willing to continue coding and complete the project on the existing code.Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Hongyuan Ma (CS_MaleicAcid@163.com)