v4 3.0 connection issues, notices is readonly - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Cherio
Subject v4 3.0 connection issues, notices is readonly
Date
Re: v4 3.0 connection issues, notices is readonly
List pgadmin-support
Hello,

PgAdmin 4 v3.0 didn't work out of the box on my ubuntu 16.04.4. Both DEB install and python wheel generate errors. I researched the DEB install and determined that the error occurs in "/usr/share/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/utils/driver/psycopg2/connection.py" on line 313 which reads

pg_conn.notices = deque([], self.ASYNC_NOTICE_MAXLENGTH)

and complains that the property is readonly. I am not a python guy but after some research I made the following tweak to make it work:

        if self.async == 1:
            pg_conn.notices = deque([], self.ASYNC_NOTICE_MAXLENGTH)

The same file has similar code on line ~1250 though I didn't see errors on that line.

Another error which completely prevents from continuing on a web page is the "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" which locks the screen with an alert popup (the title reads "AlertifyJS") that can't be closed, but I believe this was already reported and claimed to be fixed the next day.

Regards,
Yuri