Re: New version numbering practices - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: New version numbering practices
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Over the past couple of months I have already found myself
writing "10.0" or "9.7^H^H^H10" to make it clear that I meant the next
release version, because just "10" seemed too ambiguous.

​I thought that was just (and maybe some instances were) humor regarding the general indecisiveness on the issue.​

  Maybe I'm
worried about nothing and the ambiguity mostly came from our not having
settled the two-or-three-part-version-number question, but I'm not sure.

​I think this dynamic will sort itself out.
I suspect I'll end up using 10.x somewhat frequently though I'm mostly on the lists.  I suspect the choice will be dependent on context and channel.

David J.