Re: [BUGS] Posgresql 9.6.1 Bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [BUGS] Posgresql 9.6.1 Bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Maphumulo, Ncebo <nmaphumulo@fnb.co.za> wrote:

Good Day

Please see below the error that we getting after upgrading our PostgreSQL to 9.6.1 from 9.4. Please advise if we need a latest patch for the bug.

We are getting the following when starting up JBoss with Postgres 9.6.1:

​Not our bug though we did change this behavior/structure in 9.6:

From the docs:

"""
Note: Before PostgreSQL 9.6, pg_am contained many additional columns representing properties of index access methods. That data is now only directly visible at the C code level. However, pg_index_column_has_property() and related functions have been added to allow SQL queries to inspect index access method properties; see Table 9-62.
"""

I'm supposing the structure of pg_catalog objects are deemed implementation details is why they lack of a release note compatibility item - though it does show up in 3.3.12 of the 9.6.0 notes.

David J.