Re: [BUGS] BUG #14556: Sorry, Too many clients already - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14556: Sorry, Too many clients already
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 1:24 AM, <naveenallin@gmail.com> wrote:

Bug reference:      14556
Logged by:          Naveen Chalmeti
Email address:      naveenallin@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system:   Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
​[...]​

this query was executed three days before and remains unclosed.

We are using unixODBC driver and enabled connection pooling for 5mins. I'm
not sure whether this causing any problem.

​Usually this is an application bug, not PostgreSQL's​.  If you wish for help diagnosing posting to -general, with considerably more detail if not an actual self-contained test case, is appreciated.  Given that you are programming with the ODBC driver an even more appropriate list would be pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org as noted here : https://odbc.postgresql.org/

David J.