Re: Wrong note in the information schema section? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From David G. Johnston
Subject Re: Wrong note in the information schema section?
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 5:51 AM Daniel Westermann (DWE) <daniel.westermann@dbi-services.com> wrote:

we have this note in the information schema section, e.g. in https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/information-schema.html

..."This is because the SQL standard requires constraint names to be unique within a schema, but PostgreSQL does not enforce this restriction."
PostgreSQL does enforce unique constraint names in a schema:

[...]
... but I guess this is not what the notes is supposed to tell me, correct?

Practically speaking there must be some level of scope where a duplicate name error can occur.  All the docs say is that the schema scope is not it.  You've demonstrated that it is the table scope where duplication of names is detected.

David J.