Re: Wrong note in the information schema section? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Daniel Westermann (DWE)
Subject Re: Wrong note in the information schema section?
Date
List pgsql-docs
>>..."This is because the SQL standard requires constraint names to be unique within a schema, but PostgreSQL does not
enforcethis >>restriction."
>>..
>>PostgreSQL does enforce unique constraint names in a schema:

>>[...]
>>... but I guess this is not what the notes is supposed to tell me, correct?

>Practically speaking there must be some level of scope where a duplicate name error can occur.  All the docs say is
thatthe schema >scope is not it.  You've demonstrated that it is the table scope where duplication of names is
detected.

Thanks, David. The sentence above is still misleading, at least according to my understanding.

Regards
Daniel